Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Lovely Night Sweats and More

I am having a better day for a change but still feel like utter crap from my month long, marathon mother of a herx. The only relief I can get from the pain is sleep. Unfortunately one side effect of Lymes disease is horrific night sweats. I have to put out 2 extra shirts and jammy pants to change into, and I have to sleep on towels (one wrapped around my head) but it still soaks through all of ...
it and feels like I have peed the bed (GROSS). Eventually I have to migrate to the couch for some dry land during the night. Sometimes I hate the sight of my couch and bed so much because it reminds me of the endless hours of pain and misery that I can barely stand to be in my own house. Luckily I have my crazy tots to distract me from being consumed by this illness. I won't go into all of my symptoms but I will mention the latest one that is a real bitch: My altered sense of smell and taste. Lymes attacks your nervous system and alters all of your senses, taste, smell, temperature regulation, vision, etc. I have a constant taste of dirty bandaids in my mouth and everything smells like the inside of a dirty microwave - which is why I go for days without eating and have lost over 45lbs in the last few months. It is also known in some circles as the Pain Diet. The upside of today is that I was able to throw in a load of laundry and, even though I am completely wiped out from it, I am ecstatic to do something useful for my family. You would think you would never miss endless household chores, but when you can no longer do the things you used to be able to do you even get to missing being able to scrub out your dirty toilet instead of just staring at it in disgust.

No comments:

Post a Comment