Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Boring symptom gripe and my current med list/issues


I was back on my abx but had to stop again because of my arms and legs going numb and I am having some neuro weirdness.  I am on so many medications besides my abx that I can’t tell anymore what is a true herx, or just plain side effects to med combinations.  I probably would not stop my abx if I was still able to sleep but the numbness in my arms is horrifically painful and that, with the insomnia from herxing, keeps me from sleeping more than a few hours during the night and then I am in really rough shape then next day.  Mornings after I don’t sleep I wake up in all over pain, some from the nightly withdrawal from my pain meds, and the rest from lovely Lymie joint and muscle pain.  My husband usually gets our kids set up with breakfast before he leaves for work while I sit and wait for the pain meds to kick in so I can move my body and function like a relatively normal person.  I know I have said this a thousand times but I will say it again, losing my independence is probably one of the hardest things about this illness.  Having to rely on someone else to do simple tasks, do everything for you sometimes, is a real bitch. 

I am supposed to be starting Mepron next week to treat the Babesia but I need to be stable on the abx I take now and that isn’t happening.  I have already had to stop for a couple weeks because my liver enzymes were elevated, and then for another 2 weeks because of the numbness in my body.  If you have never experienced your limbs going numb it is a horrible feeling.  Not only are they numb, but the pain from not having any circulation is unreal. 

My current abx protocol is Ceftin, Clarithromycin – to lower general Lyme load, the Ceftin also targets Bartonella so I will frequently get the weird cat scratches on my chest and back, or get little chigger bite looking things on my stomach and neck.  I take Nystatin & Diflucan for yeast.  For supplements I take 500mg of Magnesium, 250mg of Zinc, 3 tbsp of fish oil, 50-200 billion probiotics, & vitamin C.  I take Hydroxyzine (or 1mg of Melatonin) – 25mg 1-4 tabs at bedtime for sleep, Cycolobenzepr (Flexeril) 10mg 1-2x day for back spasms, Lorazepam- .5mg 3x day for anxiety or to help me sleep, Methadone -5mg 3xday for pain, Metoclopramide for nausea from my abx or from the migraines, fleet enemas for constipation (I got my coffee enema kit in the mail but I am still working up the nerve to use it).  Trying to remember to take any or all of this has been a real struggle.  I even forget to eat some days: I have a terrible taste in my mouth all the time and no appetite.  If I get hungry it is usually late at night or in the middle of the night and I crave sugar (mainly chocolate) and carbs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment